LIGHT THERAPY OVERVIEW
Visible red light, at wavelengths from 630 to 700 nm penetrates tissue to a depth of about 10 nm. Light at this wavelength is very beneficial in treating problems close to the surface such as wounds, cuts, scars, trigger and acupuncture points, and is particularly effective in treating infections. Infrared light (800 to 1000nm) penetrates to a depth of about 40mm and deeper which makes it more effective for treating organs and provide relief for ailments of bones, joints, deep muscle tissue.
The diverse tissue and cell types in the body all have their own unique light absorption characteristics; that is, they will only absorb light at specific wavelengths and not at others. For example, skin layers, because of their high blood and water content, absorb red light very readily, while calcium and phosphorus absorb light of a different wavelength. Although both red and infrared wavelengths penetrate to different depths and affect tissues differently, the therapeutic effects are similar.
Superluminous LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are safe concentrated light sources used to produce the specific wavelengths of light that provide therapeutic benefits of light therapy without adverse side effects.
Pulsing the LEDs at specific rates known as Nogier frequencies produce bio-resonate effects that further enhance the therapeutic action. Precise frequencies discovered by medical researcher and physician Dr. Paul Nogier are found to resonate with specific body tissues and dynamically reinforce their healthy function.
WHAT ARE THE THERAPEUTIC EFFECTS?
- Increases blood capillary circulation and vascular activity by promoting improvement in the metabolism of nitric oxide (NO). This facilitates improved regulation of vasodilation and leads to the formation of new capillaries - this in turn provides additional oxygen and nutrients to accelerate natural tissue healing processes and eventually evokes a cascade of beneficial biochemical processes.
- Stimulates synthesis of adenosine tri-phosphate (ATP)�an immediate energy source for muscle contraction and essential in the metabolism of all cellular processes and sustaining living systems
- Relaxes muscles, reduces nerve excitability and stimulates nerve transmission
- Reduces scar tissue and stimulates wound healing
- Increases lymphatic system activity and relieves edema and discomfort associated with swelling
- Stimulates acupuncture points and immune response
- Stimulates production of collagen�the most important component of wound healing
- Increases phagocytosis - the body�s natural process to scavenge dead and degenerated cells and is important to the infection control process required for healing
- Increases RNA/DNA synthesis - this stimulates cellular reproduction and facilitates accelerated replacement of damaged cells
- Increases production of endorphins and enkephelins from the brain - promoting pain reduction and mood elevation
- Stimulates production of adrenals� which facilitate long term pain relief and resilience to stress
- Reduces inflammation and swelling in chronic conditions of arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis
- Stimulates fibroblastic activity - promoting repair of connective tissue and formation of collagen fibers
- Stimulates tissue granulation and connective tissue formation - an important process in the healing of wounds, ulcers and inflamed tissues
Dr. Tiina Karu,Professor, Head of Laboratory of Laser Biology and Medicine, Institute on Laser and Informatic Technologies of Russian Academy Science is a pre-eminent researcher in the field of laser and low level monochromatic light therapy. Dr. Karu has published numerous peer reviewed studies on the cellular mechanisms involved in photo bio-stimulation and tissue response and healing. Her website is available at the following link: http://www.isan.troitsk.ru/dls/karu.htm. Several of her published studies can be viewed in Adobe Acrobat reader at the following links: You can return to this website by clicking the "Back" button on your web browser.
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///Cellular%20effects%20of%20Light.pdfCellular effects of Light
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///Molecular%20mechanism%20of%20Light.pdfMolecular mechanism of Light
Chukuka S. Enwemeka, PT, PhD, FACSM Therapeutic Light is Professor and Dean, School of Health Professions, Behavioral and Life Sciences, New York Institute of Technology, Westbury, NY. Dr. Enwemeka is one of the foremost authorities on lasers and light-based treatment modalities. Dr. Enwemeka has published an excellent overview article on the topic of therapeutic light properties and applications titled Therapeutic Light in Rehab Management at this link: http://www.rehabpub.com/features/1022004/2.asp
Harry T. Whelan, MD, Professor of Neurology, Pediatrics, and Hyperbaric Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin has been conducting numerous experiments and trials in conjunction with NASA research and at the Medical College of Wisconsin. The Food and Drug Administration has approved a multi-year investigation of the LEDs as an experimental treatment by a team led by Dr. Whelan. An overview of some of Dr. Whelan's research can be viewed at the following links: http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/975450257.html and http://www.photonicenergetics.com///NASA Light Healing.pdf and http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/1031002355.html
Dr. Tom Burke has written a series of articles summarizing the role of Nitric Oxide in the regulation of blood and lymph circulation and human health; and related health issues associated with diabetes. Dr. Burke received his PhD in Physiology from University of Houston, Post Doctoral Training at Duke Medical School, He was an Associate Professor of Medicine and Physiology at the University of Colorado Medical School. He has authored more than 70 published scientific clinical articles and has been a visiting scientist at the Mayo Clinic, Yale University, University of Alabama, and University of Florida. He is a recognized international lecturer on cell injury and nephrology. His articles are online at the website www.diabetesincontrol.com
The Nobel Prize was awarded to three Americans in 1998 for their work on discovering Nitric Oxide (NO) and clarifying its role in health to Robert F Furchgott, Louis J Ignarro and Ferid Murad for their discoveries concerning "the nitric oxide as a signalling molecule in the cardiovascular system". http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1998/illpres/
They described the importance of the effect of NO on circulation and vasodialation. Research is revealing that NO levels and vasodilation is usually significantly disturbed in diabetic patients. Nitric Oxide metabolism is often very impaired in diabetic patients and improvement in nitric oxide metabolism may play a significant role in preventing some of the destructive health issues resulting from progressive diabetes. Research initially described by Dr. Furchgott is showing that light therapy is an emerging treatment modality for impaired NO metabolism. Light therapy shows great promise in producing significant health improvements in those compromised with complications of diabetes. The articles summarizing the critical role of nitric oxide regulation and significance of light therapy in NO metabolism by Dr. Burke can be viewed at the following link:
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///Diabetic Issues Nitric Oxide.pdf
Additional informative research and articles on the benefits of light therapy can be viewed at the following links
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///Healing with Light Artical.pdf
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///LLLT Research Abstracts.pdf
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///Knee Osteoarthritis Study .pdf
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///Light End of Tunnel.pdf
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///Laser and LED Treatments.pdf
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///Treatment of epicondylitis.pdf
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///Photonic Veterinary Medicine.pdf
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///Red Light Acne Vulgaris.pdf
http://www.photonicenergetics.com///Nature 2006 - Light Implications on Cancer.pdf
An extensive compilation of light research studies and articals is available on CD for free + $5.95 to cover the cost of shipping and handling.
The information and product presented on this website represent the state of the art and is consistent with current scientific research. However, this website and product have not been reviewed or approved by the FDA. It is recommended that a competent, professionally licensed health care professional be consulted for diagnosis or treatment of any significant health concern or disorder.